Kindergarten Enrollment 2022-2023
STEP 1: Pre-Registration – January 31, 2022 (8:00am) – February 11, 2022 (3:00pm)
Parents of kindergarten students residing in the Bentonville School District with a student five (5) years of age on or before August 1, 2022, may begin online pre-registration at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 31, 2022. Online registration will close at 3:00 p.m. Friday, February 11, 2022. The online registration is a pre-registration only and students will not be considered enrolled until parents provide the documents needed, to complete their child’s registration, uploaded to their zoned school during final registration. Once you complete the pre-registration process, you will receive a confirmation with information regarding next steps.
**CLICK HERE for the online pre-registration link that will be live at 8:00am on January 31, 2022.
STEP 2: Enrollment forms are to be filled out after you have received the confirmation e-mail from Step 1.
STEP 3: Final Registration
Final registration for pre-registered kindergarten students will be online from March 1, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. through March 3, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. with the student’s zoned school. Your school’s registrar will be available by phone at these times March 1st from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m., March 2nd from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and March 3 from 7:00a.m. to 12:00p.m. Only students who are pre-registered will be able to complete enrollment during these times. Please note if your school assignment was a school that had to run a lottery and you do not complete the final registration process, we will have to call the next student on the waiting list to enroll and you will have to enroll during general enrollment in April.
Documents Needed to Complete Enrollment
Parents will be required to upload the following information during final registration in order to formally complete the registration process for their child. To prepare for the enrollment process parents should begin collecting documents for proof of residency, secure the child's Social Security Card, obtain a copy of the child's birth certificate, physical examination (must be within the past 24 months) and proof of all required immunizations listed below.
1. Two types of proof of residency are required (choose from the following options):
· Copies of current utility bills from two different utilities (gas, water or electricity) showing parent's name and address
· Rent or lease agreement and a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) showing parent’s name and address
· Current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) showing parent’s name and address
If the parent does not have one of the above listed items, please contact Student Services located at Bentonville Schools Administration at 500 Tiger Blvd., Bentonville, at 479-367-8050, for further information on how to provide acceptable proof of residency.
2. Copy of the child's birth certificate
3. Copy of the child's Social Security Card (If your student does not have a Social Security number, please call their zoned school to be issued a student number)
4. Up-to-date immunization record. The following immunizations are required:
· DTP/ DTaP/DT/Td 4 doses- with1 on/after 4th birthday
· Polio 3 doses- with1 on/ after 4th birthday
· MMR 2 doses- with1 on/after 1st birthday and at least 28 days between doses
· Hepatitis B 3 doses
· Hepatitis A 1 dose on/after 1st birthday
· Varicella 2 doses-1 after 1st birthday and second dose at least 28 days after dose 1
OR a note from a medical professional with proof / statement of disease history
In order to be assigned to a kindergarten class, a child must have received all vaccines listed above or be in process with a written statement by a healthcare provider containing a date the student must return for their next immunization. (ARK. Code ANN 20-7-109, 6—18-702, 6-60-501-504, and 20-78-206)
5. A current physical examination, (Wellness Visit) within the last 24 months.
In order to be assigned to a kindergarten class, a parent /guardian must provide a copy of a current physical or well child check-up dated within the last 24 months or a written statement from a health care provider stating an appointment date to obtain a physical exam. The examination must be obtained within 90 days of the student's initial enrollment, (the first day of attendance).
Please know that you are not able to select the virtual learning program at this time. At this time, the enrollment process for your kindergarten student is solely to enroll in the school district.
Kindergarten sections in our schools are limited. Pre-registration does not guarantee a student a class placement in the school until you have received confirmation to complete enrollment and this process is completed. If requests are greater than the number of classes available in any of our schools, then a lottery will be used to assign students.
All kindergarten students who are not pre-registered may enroll during General Enrollment beginning on April 1, 2022 at the school they are zoned, during regular school hours.
Click on GuideK12 if you want to verify which school your student is zoned for based on your property address.
If you choose to waive kindergarten enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete and submit a Kindergarten Waiver to the Student Services office.
This website may assist in preparing your child for kindergarten: Arkansas Department of Human Services Kindergarten Readiness