Crisis Virtual Learning Experience
Tennie Russell Primary School
In the event our school pivots to a virtual learning experience, our teachers will continue to provide an engaging, structured learning experience every day. Using the online learning platform, Seesaw, the teacher will provide a mixture of live teaching sessions and recorded teaching sessions for the entire virtual classroom, small groups of students and individual students every day.
- Daily attendance will be required.
- Sufficient wifi
- All student work to be completed within Seesaw.
- Consistent family support with each day’s activities.
- Follow the daily virtual classroom schedule.
(Below is a tentative schedule. The actual virtual learning schedule will be determined when needed.)
- 8:00-8:30 Whole Group Google Meet Live with teacher: Welcome Circle Time to promote a sense of community within the virtual class. Phonemic Awareness: Heggerty and Phonics: Unit Phonics Mini Lesson (all live sessions will recorded and accessible later in the day)
- 8:45-9:30 Phonics Independent Practice: Student Seesaw Activity based on daily Phonics Lesson & individualized per student skill level. Individualized/small group Google Meets as needed: A time will be set aside each day for questions, student help or assistance.
- 9:30-10:00 Gross Motor Activities Combination of Live, Videos, and GoNOOODLEs for FUN!
- 10:00-11:15 Independent Practice/Lunch Time at home- Teacher available to answer parent questions as well as meet one on one with students as needed.
- 11:15-12:00 Unit Oral Language & Reading Comprehension: Monday-Thursday Video/Live reading of the book will be paired with independent seesaw student activities to show oral language and reading comprehension. During this time the virtual teacher will meet with small groups of students to hold storytime and gather formative data on students’ reading comprehension by asking and answering questions. On Fridays there will be Live storytime with a Google Meet with all students.
- 12:00-1:15 Rest Time/Afternoon Snack
- 1:15-1:45 Gross Motor Activities Combination of Live, Videos, and GoNOOODLEs for FUN!
- 1:45-2:30 Math Whole Group Lesson-Math Lessons will be both recorded videos and live to gain student understanding & involvement during the lesson. Math Independent Practice: Students will be assigned independent interactive student activity on Seesaw to practice the math concept that was learned for the day.
- 2:30-3:00 Family/student support time- Teacher will be available to support/answer family questions as needed
- Extension Activities - These activities are extra and optional for students to complete at their own pace. Some will be videos and some will be live. Activities include but are not limited to: Art, Storymaking, Gross motor, Music, Science, Social-Emotional lessons, Virtual Field Trips.