Kindergarten Enrollment 2018-19
General enrollment begins April 2nd.
Enrollment Forms - English(Online)
Enrollment Forms - Spanish(Printable)
Documents Needed to Complete Enrollment
After submitting the online forms, you will have 3 business days to apper at the school with the supporting documents listed below to complete the enrollment process. Parents will be required to bring the following information to the student's assigned school in order to formally complete the enrollment process for their child. To prepare for the enrollment process parents should begin collecting documents for proof of residency, secure the child's Social Security Card, obtain a copy of the child's birth certificate, physical examination (must be within the past 24 months) and proof of all required immunizations listed below.
1. Two types of proof of residency are required (choose from the following options):
- Copies of current utility bills from two different utilities (gas, water or electricity) showing parent's name and address
- Rent or lease agreement and a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) showing parent’s name and address
- Current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) showing parent’s name and address
If the parent does not have one of the above listed items, please contact the Bentonville Public Schools Student Services Center located at 500 Tiger Blvd, Bentonville, at 479-367-8050, for further information on how to provide acceptable proof of residency.
2. Copy of the child's birth certificate
3. Copy of the child's Social Security Card (If your student does not have a Social Security number, please call their zoned school to be issued a student number)
4. Up-to-date immunization record. The following immunizations are required:
- DTP/ DTaP/DT/Td 4 doses- with1 on/after 4th birthday
- Polio 3 doses- with1 on/ after 4th birthday
- MMR 2 doses- with1 on/after 1st birthday and at least 28 days between doses
- Hepatitis B 3 doses
- Hepatitis A 1 dose on/after 1st birthday
- Varicella 2 doses-1 after 1st birthday and second dose at least 28 days after dose 1
OR a note from a medical professional with proof / statement of disease history
In order to be assigned to a kindergarten class, a child must have received all vaccines listed above or be in process with a written statement by a health care provider containing a date the student must return for their next immunization. (ARK. Code ANN 20-7-109, 6—18-702, 6-60-501-504, and 20-78-206)
A current physical examination, (Wellness Visit) within the last 24 months.
In order to be assigned to a kindergarten class, a parent /guardian must provide a copy of a current physical or well child check-up dated within the last 24 months or a written statement from a health care provider stating an appointment date to obtain a physical exam. The examination must be obtained within 90 days of student’s initial enrollment, (the first day of attendance).
Kindergarten sections in our schools are limited. Pre-registration does not guarantee a student a class placement in the school until you have received confirmation to complete enrollment and this process is completed. If requests are greater than the number of classes available in any of our schools, then a lottery will be used to assign students.
All kindergarten students who are not pre-registered can enroll during general enrollment beginning on April 2nd at the school they are zoned, during regular school hours.
Click on the following link if you want to verify which school your student is zoned for based on your property address. Find your school and bus stop
If you choose to waive kindergarten enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year, please complete and submit a Kindergarten Waiver to the Student Services office. Waiver form
This website may assist in preparing your child for kindergarten Arkansas Department of Human Services Kindergarten Readiness. Kindergarten Readiness