PTO 2021-2022President: Susan Raines, firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Vice Presidents - Morgan Helmer and Jessica ToledoSecretary - Jenna EvansTreasurer - Jennifer Russell
Join Our Facebook Group: Thomas Elementary School PTO
Join PTO or Buy TJ Gear: WWW.TJESPTO.COM
TJE PTO welcomes you to the 2021-22 school year! PTO is a place where school staff and parents work together as knowledgeable partners to promote the educational success of our children. We have various opportunities for parents to be involved during the daytime, evenings, or weekends. Whether it is once a year or once a week, your help makes a difference. We hope you will join us!
MEMBERSHIP IS FREE.
TIME COMMITMENT IS UP TO YOU.
MEETINGS ARE NOT MANDATORY.
TJE KIDS NEED YOU!
What does TJ’s PTO do? PTO strives to enhance the family atmosphere that is special to TJE through financial and volunteer support. Students and their families participate in events, utilize supplies, and benefit from projects outside of the general school budget. Teachers receive support in their classroom and appreciation year round. General budget items and activities include:
✓ Classroom and school supply needs
✓ School events
✓ Student Yearbooks
✓ Teacher Appreciation activities
✓ TJ Gives Back for student needs
✓ School Beautification
How can I help? One hour or many, nights, weekends, or daytime – there is something for you!
- Cut Box Tops
- Attend Spirit Nights at local restaurants and businesses
- Volunteer at a school event
- Take pictures at class events and submit for the yearbook
- Be a Homeroom Parent
- Participate in a fundraising event
- Donate treats and meals to support our teachers throughout the year and for Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
- Encourage businesses to donate items for events and special needs
- Support Shoparoo or other online shopping fundraising programs.
- Create flyers or marketing materials
- Plant flowers or weed the beds
- Help out at Book Fair or Picture Day
- Decorate for events and seasons
Share your special talents!!!
Want to learn more? Contact us or attend a business meeting on the 2nd Monday of the month at 8:45 AM in the Teacher’s Lounge. We strive to keep meetings to one hour. Non-school age children are welcome to attend.
Why join PTO?
* Get Connected. There is no better way to know what is happening at school and in the district. PTO will keep you informed!
* Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy— it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other local parents and educators.
* Meet your Neighbors. School events are the perfect setting to meet the parents of the children your kid wants to have over to play. You might just make a new friend yourself!
* Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with PTO, you gain valuable experiences. It is an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to use for a good cause.
* Speak Up. Because the PTO is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
* Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
* Be a Role Model. You’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.