Welcome to Evening Star Elementary. I am the school nurse, Dana Crutchfield. You may find this information helpful. Please refer to the complete student handbook or contact me at (479)360-7400 for specific information.
Health History Information
- This online information is parent signed, and gives the nurse valuable medical/behavioral insight to your child’s needs. Please accurately and thoroughly complete and update health information questions that are included in your online registration.
- Prescription (Rx) Medication Requirements
- Signed physician/provider orders must be on file for all Rx medications administered at school.
- Medication must be in the original Rx bottle or box with the current date.
- Parent is to deliver medication to the school nurse, complete paperwork, and sign in medication.
- Students are prohibited to transport medications. Violation could lead to school suspension.
- Students needing to carry inhalers, epinephrine pens, or diabetic supplies, must have proper documentation completed by the school nurse, parent, and physician/provider.
- Non-Prescription - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications:
- Bentonville Schools advising physician orders include certain OTC medication such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Check with me for a detailed list. Stock medications are available per RN’s assessment only if a parent completes and signs the online health information annually.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, these medications will be administered sparingly, as not to mask symptoms sometimes present in this virus.
- OTC medications not listed, must have a written physician/provider order. Parents must deliver medication in an unopened box/bottle to the RN and sign medication form.
- Please contact the school nurse if your child has a medical diagnosis of Asthma, ADD/ADHD, Cystic Fibrosis, Depression, Diabetes, Seizures, Life-Threatening Allergies, etc.
- An Arkansas Licensed Doctor/Health Care Provider must sign the current Individual Healthcare Plan (IHP). It will be on file for students with chronic illnesses, medically/psychologically fragile students, or for students with any other condition that may require medical care during the school day.
Acute Health Concerns
- Parents will be notified if your student was seen/given care in the health office.
- Parents should contact the school nurse with any student health concerns.
- After 1 day, provide a doctor’s note for continued use of the elevator or continued excuse from P.E. or recess.
- Students with live head lice are excluded from school. Before readmission, the RN will meet with the parent, will review proof of treatment and examine the head, which must be lice free.
- Students assessed with symptoms sometimes present in persons with COVID-19 infection will be sent home. Bentonville Schools will follow the current Arkansas Department of Health and/or CDC guidelines.
- ALL students shall be age appropriately immunized. (Please note requirements differ from state to state. Contact the Benton County Health Unit (479 986-1300) for more information on the required immunizations. Noncompliance will result in school suspension as per Arkansas Law.
- Arkansas Department of Health (1-800-574-4040) issues exemptions. Please renew annually.
- A certificate of proof of immunizations shall be “signed” by a licensed physician, health department or the military service. Make an appointment, immunize and show proof to your school nurse.
- Vision & Hearing: Pre-kindergarten (PK), kindergarten (K), grades one (1), two (2), four (4), six (6), and eight (8), and all transfer students receive an eye/vision and hearing screen. Failures will require a medical exam completed by the appropriate medical provider. Give proof of exam results to your school nurse.
- Scoliosis: Girls in grades six (6) and eight (8); Boys in grade eight (8) will be screened.
- BMI (Body Mass Index): Students in grades k, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 will be screened.
- Document objection for scoliosis or BMI screening on your online registration packet.
Dana Crutchfield RN, BSN, CPN
Fax: 479.271.1120Evening Star Elementary9649 W. Pleasant Grove Rd.Bentonville, AR 72713