Community Service Learning
- It is an elective credit earned outside of school.
- It can only be awarded as a 1.0.
- It can only be awarded once in grades 9-12.
- ADE requires that a faculty/staff member be present during the service, or the agency where the student serves must be on the certified list approved by the local school board and the State Board of Education.
- 75 hours must be logged for the credit with reflections and curricular connections.
- Your teachers may publish CSL ideas on each course syllabus.
- Forms are due by Nov. 1 or April 1 each semester.
Note that forms must be accessed from a student’s school Google account.
Contact Sarah Merayo if you have any questions.